Monday, September 21, 2009

My Return to Blogging!

So for the past month or so I've been feeling like part of me is missing. I realized, it was blogging. I have had a CRAZY month full of ups and downs and side to sides that I just couldn't fit blogging into my schedule. However, I am back. Fear not, dear followers. This post marks my return to blogging and I promise right now to never take a leave of absence like that again! Here are a couple of things that happened in the past week:

- I moved into my Don suite in residence! This is a giant room that I am living in for the year while I am a Don (or R.A.) in my residence!

- Blink 182 live. That's right. I got tickets to see the comeback concert of one of my favorite bands! It. Was. Awesome! They got on stage and acted like they were 18 again. It was fantastic. There was no mention of their "hiatus", they just got on stage and played.. or as Tom put it, they "impregnated us with their music". And for the Encore, we got to see this:

That's right, I got to see Travis Barker's floating drum solo! They ended the show on "Dammit" and "Carousel" and left me in awe, patiently waiting for new material.

- Don Training was about 12+ hours of intense training for 8 days. They trained us to deal with all sorts of crises and situations. It was nuts.

- Move in / Frosh Week: A fantastic time that I have experienced from almost every angle now (as a first year, a frosh boss, and a Don). I had a blast.

- Classes started up which meant a return to hardcore school-going. I'm in a lot of writing classes this year so I'm pretty excited to post some samples of my work.

So stay tuned! I've been watching a lot of movies and have a lot to comment on! I missed you interwebz. I'm glad we've been reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment