Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Trilogy Post Part Three: The Food

At last, the finale to my Trilogy Post!

I apologize for the tardiness of it, I have had quite a busy week.

So last Friday Aleks and I enjoyed the Summerlicious Menus downtown Toronto at the Royal York's branch of Benihana. It was great!

For those of you who don't know, Benihana is a Japanese restaurant where the cooking of your food is done right in front of you! Normally a very expensive restaurant, a three course meal only cost us 45$ a person. The summerlicious menu was as follows:

California Roll
Crab Stick, Masago, Avocado, Cucumber
or
Vegetable Tempura
Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms, Sweet Potato, Red and Green Peppers, Broccoli, House Made Tempura Sauce
or
Spicy Avocado Roll
Pineapple, Cucumber, Chili-Lime Mayo



Main course is prepared at your table and served with Japanese Onion Soup, Benihana Salad, Shrimp Appetizers, Hibachi Vegetables, and Rice:

Teriyaki Chicken
or
Vegetarian Saishoku
or
Hibachi Steak
or
Teriyaki Steak



Mandarin Orange Cheesecake
Grand Marnier Anglaise
or
Mango Pot de Crème
or
Green Tea Ice Cream

(source)

This is probably one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to. The chefs basically put on a show for you with the way they cook. The way it works is that they sit you at a table that holds 7 people, like this:


They then serve you your starters. When you've eaten your starters, the chef makes his way to your table and begins cooking the entree meal for all seven people. The center of the table (see the metal part in the picture) heats up and turns into their grill. They cut everything up, throw some of it in the air, play with their knives. It's quite the show!

If I were a food critic, I would give the food at this joint 4 out of 4! It was fantastic! I had the Avocado Rolls as a starter (some of the best sushi I've ever had) and ordered Steak Teryaki as my entree. The steak was amazing! I loved it! Aleks had the Vegetable Tempura as her starter and opted to go with the Chicken Teryaki which she enjoyed as much as I enjoyed my steak! The amount of food they give you is unreal! It was hard to eat all of the meat and veggies that came on your plate!

The food, as well as awesome tablemates made this night extremely enjoyable! If anyone's looking for a classy place to eat, I would recommend this a thousand times!

No comments:

Post a Comment