Saturday, July 4, 2009

24 has always been one of my favorite shows. I've watched the whole series (seasons 1-7) almost since the show began and it's non-stop action and unique style has always captivated me.

Now, it's been years since I watched the first couple of seasons and over the summer, I have been watching them, all 24 episodes, with my girlfriend because she had never seen them.

This second time around, I'm noticing things that should not be happening. Check this out:



You see that on the left? Ya, that's a camera. How does that make it into the final cut? It's so blatantly obvious that it makes me think that it was left in on purpose. For what reason I don't know. After that you think they would have corrected it, but no, it happens again here:



Not much different from the first image except that in this scene the camera actually moves! It's one thing to have the camera in the frame in the first place but how could you move it further into the frame?! Someone really wasn't paying attention here and the editor probably shat himself when he saw it.

This was in season one, hour twelve. 24 really is one of my favorite shows so it kills me to see amateur mistakes like this one made. However, I am happy to say that I since haven't seen any mistakes like this made and I am currently watching season three. If I find anymore, I'll be sure to let you know!

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. I don't watch the show so am not familiar with this episode but could it be that since it's an interrogation, they're taping it for evidence?

    P.S. Really enjoying the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I don't think they'd have machinery like that though. They'd have something smaller, like a camcorder, and it would be set up on the table between them (I've seen it in other episodes). The camera in the frame is a pretty heavy piece of equipment.

    Didn't know you were reading, glad you're enjoying it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. amateur mistakes for an amateur show :P

    ReplyDelete